Typinator is the best thing since sliced bread!
(Book designer) Typinator is the BEST utility I have purchased in a very long time. I tested a couple of other products before purchasing yours and only Typinator was 100% rock-solid.
Hugh Nagle, Ireland I love Typinator. I have tried the others, but Typinator is the easiest – by far. It is one of four essential productivity apps I could not live without.
Typinator is faster and less wonky than TextExpander. Looks like I have a new macro program.
San Francisco, CA Typinator is a killer app to save time and increase productivity! I could not think of working on my Mac without it.
Marketing and Internet Consultant By far, the best Mac text expander I've seen. I've tried others, and Typinator easily rises to 'best in class.'
Jim Cole, Jacksonville, FL One of the most useful programs for the Mac. I use this program hundreds of times a day. It's a HUGE time-saver.
Wilma Keppel, macupdate.com I'm here to say I'm totally loyal to Typinator! I've got a real speed up coding with it and consequently more spare time.
web developer This product is brilliant. I got so spoiled within the first hour that I can't quite figure out how I got along without it so many years.
Mary van Bronkhorst
Online Game Designer
First Mac software ever that convinced me to register after a trial period of 5 minutes. Good job!
Hans Trygve Jensen
As usual with Ergonis's products, simplicity and reliability are the watchwords.
Less typing, fewer mistakes. More spare time!
Have you ever experienced the tedium and frustration of having to repeatedly type your name, e-mail address, home page url, or other words or phrases again, again and again? Do you frequently need to quickly insert images like your signature, location plan, or company logo into documents? Do you often misspell words when typing?
Typinator boosts your productivity by automating the process of inserting frequently used text and graphics and auto-correcting typing errors.
With thousands of predefined corrections for common typos and misspelled words for US and British English, German and French, Typinator is not only a typing assistant that speeds repetitive typing tasks, but also a system-wide auto-correction tool that automatically fixes typing errors and misspelled words.
Setup is easy: You just define an abbreviation along with its replacement text or picture.
Usage is even easier: Whenever you type one of your abbreviations in any application, Typinator inserts the corresponding replacement.
Words cannot describe the huge benefits Typinator offers to you.
We therefore invite you to view a short demo movie.
Typinator increases your
- Set up a list of often used e-mail phrases, addresses and other boilerplates.
- Insert the current date and/or time in a variety of formats with a few keystrokes.
- Auto-correct commonly misspelled words across all the applications you use.
- Insert pictures, such as signatures and smilies.
- Create standard customer service responses.
- Acknowledge customer orders and send shipping advisories (with the current date and time automatically inserted into your standard text).
- Insert logos, product schematics, and maps.
- Auto-correct your most frequent typing errors.
- Create templates for code fragments, code blocks, and templates.
- Implement documentation standards.
- Define shorthands for frequently used Unix commands.
- Use the built-in HTML snippets to simplify and speed up editing of web pages.
is THE TextExpander alternative
During the past, we could welcome many former TextExpander customers who switched to Typinator because they were unsatisfied with TextExpander and wanted a more robust and speedier solution.
Since TextExpander switched to a subscription-based pricing model, more and more TextExpander users are now switching to Typinator. We have create a special page with helpful information for seamless migration from TextExpander to Typinator.
And starting with Typinator 6.9, migration from TextExpander became even easier, as Typinator now comes with an improved import function for existing TextExpander snippets.
Due to popular demand, we have decided to welcome former TextExpander customers in the subscription-free world of Typinator with a special crossgrade discount. If you order via this link now, you get Typinator at 25% off.
This offer is valid until the end of May 2016 and does not apply to upgrade orders. Please enter your TextExpander license key in the comment field to prove your entitlement.
But we have more great news for you: All Typinator purchases made in or after April 2016 include Typinator 7 (scheduled for later this year) for free.
Features, installation, requirements
For more information on how to type faster, visit the Features page
- Easy to configure - simply define your abbreviations, expansions, and boilerplates in a list.
- Simple to use - just type your abbreviation and Typinator will expand it.
- Regular expressions
- Powerful predefined sets: Autocorrection for English, German, and French, DOuble CApitals correction, Auto-Capitalize Sentences, Inline Calculation, Clipboard conversion, Subscripts, Superscript, HTML snippets with over 100 abbreviations for elements of the HTML standard, and more.
- Easy import of TextExpander snippets
- Nested expansions
- HTML expansions
- Built-in AutoCorrection sets with thousands of corrections for English, German, and French
- Set the cursor position within the expanded text
- Date and time calculations
- Insert navigation keystrokes and fill out forms with just one snippet
- Insert the current clipboard
- Insert the current date and time
- Insert pictures
- Quickly create new snippets
- Quickly search for snippets
- Whole word and case sensitive expansion
- Pocket calculator
- Interactive input fields
- Embedded calculations
- Includable text and picture files
- Include script results in expansions
- Synchronization support for Dropbox
To install Typinator, download it from our downloads page. Typinator is distributed as a Mac OS X disk image (DMG).
Once you have mounted the disk image, simply double-click the Typinator icon to install and launch Typinator.
As long as you do not have a license key, you can test Typinator in TextEdit as long and as often as you wish.
When you use Typinator in other applications, it will display a registration reminder after a couple of expansions.
- Typinator requires OS X 10.6 or newer.
- Compatible with OS X El Capitan.
- For further details, see our compatibility page.
See also the special topics covered on our Tips pages.