Dan Frakes, MacWorld You may not have searched for a utility that does what KeyCue does, but after using it, you'll probably wonder how you lived without it.
Jim Cole, Jacksonville, FL KeyCue is a fantastic product that has transformed the way I use my Mac. As a relatively new Mac user this has improved my productivity significantly!
I found excellent shortcuts with the very first key press. A great program. Thanks!
CO, USA I've only been using KeyCue for ten minutes and already I think it is one of the greatest little apps ever!
OR, USA This is a great teaching aid for anyone wanting to increase productivity. I've been looking for a product like this for quite some time.
Kelly Baker, MA, USA
KeyCue - find, remember, and learn keyboard shortcuts
Did you know that the average Mac OS X application has 40 to 80 menu shortcuts?
Menu shortcuts are supposed to provide quick access to frequently used menu commands. Honestly though, how many shortcut keys do you know by heart?
KeyCue helps you to use your Mac OS X applications more effectively by displaying a concise table of all currently available menu shortcuts.
You no longer need to memorize and remember key combinations; just press the command key and KeyCue tells you what you want to know.
Over time, you will automatically remember frequently used shortcuts and start working more efficiently.
KeyCue gives you an instant overview of the overall functionality of any application, plus lets you automatically start working more efficiently by making use of menu shortcuts.
Features, Installation, Requirements
For more information on how to use your keyboard shortcuts more efficiently,visit the Features page
- Get an instant overview of all menu shortcuts in any application.
- Simple to use: just press the command key to see the menu shortcut table.
- User-definable custom shortcut descriptions reveal hidden keyboard shortcuts.
- Accessible via menu bar icon.
- Clickable shortcuts let you execute any shortcut instantly by clicking it.
- System-wide hotkeys made visible.
- Optional legend for keyboard symbols.
- Different themes for customizing the appearance of the shortcut table.
- Instant access to the KeyCue settings window by means of an extra keyboard shortcut.
- Configurable settings for activation.
- Shows Keyboard Maestro, QuicKeys, and iKey shortcuts.
- Several options for adapting the behavior and appearance of KeyCue to your liking.
To install KeyCue, download it from our downloads page. KeyCue is distributed as a Mac OS X disk image (DMG). Once you have mounted the disk image, simply double-click the KeyCue icon to install and launch KeyCue.
As long as you do not have a license key, KeyCue operates in trial mode.
See also the special topics covered on our Tips Pages: